Dental braces are one of the most sought-after corrective tools that prove useful in improving the appearance of misaligned teeth. They not only enhance oral health and appearance but also boost the self-confidence of those who use them. There are several types of teeth braces available in the market, which come with different features and designs.
While the specifics of such braces are the ultimate decisive factors, individuals also often consider the costs involved as per their budget, which can range from medium to high. Depending on the requirement and feasibility in terms of teeth braces cost, one can avail of this corrective tool for kids, teenagers, and adults easily. Regardless, braces with the most convenient design are usually high in price. The average cost of teeth braces can range from Rs.18,000 to a whopping Rs.2.5 lakh.
Types of dental braces
Typically, there are 4 distinct types of dental braces. Their noteworthy features are discussed below –
- Invisible braces
Also known as clear aligners, these dental braces are quite popular among adults and are an efficient alternative to traditional braces. Typically, it takes around 12 to 18 months to treat the teeth misalignment with these braces. However, those in need of mild adjustments may be advised to wear the same for as little as 3 months.
Since these braces can be easily removable, individuals can floss and clean their teeth normally. Regardless, individuals are advised to wear these braces for at least 20 to 22 hours per day. The average cost of invisible braces ranges from Rs.80,000 to Rs.2.5 lakh.
- Lingual braces
These braces are also known as incognito braces as they remain hidden behind the teeth. This feature works well for self-conscious individuals and allows them to conceal their braces completely.
Though the design works well in terms of appearance, incognito braces are quite challenging to clean and adjust. Also, the treatment is relatively longer and even more expensive than other traditional braces due to customization requirements. One of the persistent side effects tends to be an impact on speech and general discomfort. Generally, quality lingual teeth braces cost start from Rs.90,500.
- Metal braces
These are traditional braces that are composed of metal and archwires. They are among the cheapest and widely available braces in the market and available with customisable band colour.
However, in most cases, they are quite uncomfortable to wear and can even cause pain. Additionally, individuals are advised to refrain from eating certain food while wearing them. The average cost of customised metal braces is Rs.39,000.
- Ceramic braces
Ceramic braces are made up of tooth enamel-hued material and are thus less perceptible when compared to traditional metal braces. They are of the same size as metal braces and need to be worn for up to 1 year for visible results.
Unfortunately, the bands of these braces are prone to staining and make it further harder for individuals to brush their teeth with them on. The average price of these braces is around Rs.54,500.
Why are dental braces so expensive?
In most cases, some braces may come at a higher price if the orthodontic issue is complex and demands a lot of alignment. Other than that, these following factors also contribute significantly to the teeth braces costs –
- Braces for adults are more expensive than the ones designed for kids.
- The teeth braces costs differ with both the material and design of the braces.
- The time and effort of the orthodontist to fit the braces are factored in when determining the price.
Since most insurance policies do not cover the expense of purchasing or adjusting braces, individuals in need often hesitate to get them due to financial shortfall. However, funding tools like the Bajaj Finserv Digital Health EMI Network Card can help distribute the cost over a flexible tenure and reduce their immediate expenses quite easily.
Digital health card – An effective tool for healthcare financing
Several accompanying benefits make it essential for individuals to apply for a digital health card online. These pointers below are a few of such features and benefits one can avail –
- The Bajaj EMI Network cardholders can receive a pre-approved credit limit of up to Rs.4 lakh on their digital health card for affordable, high-value financing of medical care.
- Individuals can activate their health card instantly by paying only Rs.707. They can alternatively receive it for Rs.589 under regular terms.
- One card helps individuals to cover for all medical expenses of their family members financially, be it parents, spouse, siblings or children. They are also entitled to an annual complimentary personal accidental insurance cover of up to Rs.1 lakh. Cardholders also receive lucrative offers and discounts from partner facilities.
- As the card provides financing for over 800 consultations and treatments, both essential and non-essential, individuals can conveniently meet their teeth braces cost, among several other procedures, as and when required.
- Individuals can benefit from the EMI facility at more than 5,500 medical facilities across 1,000 Indian cities.
Though there are several types of dental braces available today, individuals must factor in their comfort and ability to meet teeth braces costs before getting them. Regardless, to make dental care more accessible individuals may avail of a digital health EMI network card and lower the burden of their immediate medical obligations.