This particular blog will give you a complete overview of all the initial configuration of your NETGEAR WN3500RP / WN2500RPv2 WiFi Extender.
Once you finished up by with this whole process, your Netgear WN3500RP / WN2500RPv2 extender will be configured to connect with your existing wireless home network and helps you to set up your extended wireless home network.
Key Point: While setting up with your Netgear genie setup, bring your wifi router and Netgear range extender within the same room and keep them apart of distance one to three feet far from each other. Once the Netgear extender setup gets completed and verified that it’s working properly with your Netgear extender, you can move the Netgear wifi extender to your desired location with the wifi router range zone.
Procedure to set up your Netgear WN3500RP / WN2500RPv2 wifi extender:
- Power on your WN3500RP Extender and wait for the power LED status to turn in to green color.
- On your wireless supported desktop/laptop, check the wireless manager and look for the NETGEAR_EXT and connect with it.
NETGEAR_EXT is commonly the default name from the brand new Netgear wifi range extender.
Key Point: You can prefer any wireless network manager utility application on a laptop/desktop to find and connect with your Netgear extender wireless network.
- Open any of your preferred internet web browsers from the same desktop/laptop and the web browser will take you automatically to the Netgear genie setup guide.
Key Point: You can easily access your Netgear wifi extender settings again, just by connecting the Netgear Extender once with your desktop/laptop and typing mywifiext net in your browser’s address bar.
- Netgear Genie setup will help you to search out the existing wireless networks that are within the zone. Once the search gets complete, a list of all available wireless networks presents within the network zone will be displayed on the screen.
- Choose the name of your currently present wireless network that you want to boost up and extend, and then click on the Continue button.
- If your currently present wireless network is enabled with the wireless security, you have to enter the correct password.
- Enter your existing wifi router passphrase key and then click on the Continue button. If you not found your wireless home network, please make sure that Netgear Netgear WN3500RP / WN2500RPv2 extender is within the range of your main wireless network.
- If your existing wifi router supports the 5 GHz band, choose the 5 GHz wireless network and click on Continue.
Key Point: If the wireless connection of the Netgear WN3500RP / WN2500RPv2 extender and the existing wifi router failed to establish a connection with the mywifiext net, check for the following:
- Confirm the wireless passwords saved on your wifi router.
- Once turn off and turn on all of your wifi enabled devices to refresh the wifi network.
- Setup the Netgear WN3500RP extender on the same room where the router is present.
- If MAC Filtering protocol is enabled on the wifi router, add the WN3500RP MAC address
- Once, the Netgear WN3500RP extender establishes the connection with your existing wifi router, it will automatically prompt you to change the wireless configuration settings of your Netgear WN3500RP / WN2500RPv2 extender.
- If you do not want to change the configuration settings of the Netgear WN3500RP extender. Click on the Continue button to finalize the range extender setup process.
- Note: If you want to change the wireless settings of the WN3500RP extender. Use the same security password as for the existing wifi network.
- Once you are done with the settings, tap on the Continue button.
- After 2 minutes, it will displays below on the screen. During the whole process, your computer will automatically get disconnected from the Netgear WN3500RP Extender wireless network.
- Once you are successfully connected your extender network with your wireless computer/device, go back to the Netgear Genie setup screen and find the option “My wireless devices” which are supposed to be connected with your extended network.
We hope we were able to answer all your question regarding Netgear WN3500RP extender setup with Netgear Genie setup. If you still have any kind of query or question regarding the Netgear extender, feel free to share your query with us through our comment box. We are always here to support you with the best Netgear extender solutions and methods