The Freemasons, sometimes called masons are the popularly known members of the largest and oldest group of people who share the common physiology. They are more like a support group with mutual friends. They share the common ideology and interests of common professions. It is more like to become a freemason, the people who are the members of the most aged fraternity of the world.
Currently, Freemasonry has more than two million active members around the world. It is believed that the Freemasonry was invented in the late 16th century or early 17th century. Popular personalities and public figures are members of this support group. The Freemasonry has the members of scholars, kings, religious figures, presidents and other personalities. Here is the guide of how to become a Freemason member.
How to become a member of Freemasonry?
If you want to become a member of the venerate brotherhood with mutual support then you need to follow some steps.
The Freemasonry basics
Freemasonry is all about supporting each other and it is a brotherhood. You need to understand the basic requirements first.
- You have to be a man
- You must have a sound and proper reputation
- You must believe in a supreme power without any religious culture
- You have to be over 18 years
Character building with morality
“better men make a better world” – that is the motto of Freemasonry. With honor, integrity, and responsibility, the freemasonry offers the following to the members.
- Gatherings of the members must be done in Freemason lodges, churches, or any public buildings once in a month or two.
- The history of the Freemasonry must be known to the members.
- They encourage everyone to do good for mankind willfully.
- As a member, you need to take participate in the freemasonry rites and rituals.
Finding the real truth
As a Freemason member, you have to separate the real truth from the created hype. You can’t be a part of any conspiracy. Once you become a member of the group, you have to access the secrets of several truths and facts. But make sure you have right and honest intentions.
The other roles to play to become a freemason
Apart from all of these, you need to play some other roles to become a member of this support group that was once a secret.
- You have to find a Freemason first. Some carry the logo of Freemason on their clothing and they are free to talk to you about this society.
- Then the Freemason will take an approach to the other members and if they find your intentions are right then you will be invited.
- Then you will be asked questions about the reasons to become a Freemason, history of the Freemason, characters of the society and others.
- You will get the chance to ask questions about Freemasonry.
- Then the committee will investigate you. They will do a background check. They will investigate your activities like drug abuse, alcoholism, family abuse, other issues. In some countries, this investigation process takes years.
- Then there will be a vote by the members if you will be accepted or not.
- If you are accepted then you will receive an invitation to become the member.
This is the guide of how to become a Freemason. If you think your intentions are honest and you want to do good for mankind then this is the society for you.