Be it in Perth or any other city in Australia, there is a huge demand for aged care courses. Especially, people who wish to bring a positive change in the lives of older people, enrolling for an aged care course is an excellent option. It not only paves the way for a successful career opportunity but also gives you immense satisfaction.
When it comes to an appropriate age care course, two popular options are the Certificate III in Aged Care and the Certificate IV in Ageing Support. Both these courses are offered by Aged Care Courses Perth.
While both the certification will help you to become a well-qualified aged care worker by ensuring you learn the required skills and knowledge, they have various differences.
Certificate III in Aged Care
This aged care course is designed for beginners. It is considered the standard qualification required to get a job in the aged care industry. With the certificate III in individual support, one can get a job as aged care assistants. Other career options include
- Assistant in Nursing (AIN)
- Carer and Aide
- Community Care Worker
- Personal Care Assistant (PCA)
- Residential Care Officer
- Support Worker
The candidates enrolling for Certificate 3 in Aged Care in Perth will be taught all the necessary skills and knowledge to work in an aged care facility.
There are no formal entry requirements for the certificate III in individual support. No particular academic degree is required. However, the applicant must be at least 16 years of age. For applicants below the age of 18, the enrolment form for the course must be signed by a parent or guardian.
The well-designed modules for certificate III in individual support include the following aspects:
- Recognize healthy body systems
- Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- Meet personal support needs
- Provide individualized support
- Communicate and work in health or community services
- Work legally and ethically
- Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- Provide support to people living with dementia
- Work with diverse people
- Support independence and wellbeing
- Support relationships with carers and families
- Provide home and community support services
- Assist clients with medication
- Facilitate responsible behavior
Certificate IV in Ageing Support
The aged care course Certificate IV in Ageing Support emphasis on more advanced skills for a job in the age care sector. With this course, you will gain skills and knowledge as to how to arrange care assistants in an aged, residential, or community environment.
With certificate 4 in aged care in Perth you can look for employment in the following roles:
- Assistant Aged Care Coordinator
- Care Team Leader in Aged Care
- Community Support Worker
- Disability Participant Worker
- In-home Respite Care
- Personal Care Worker
- Senior Community Care Worker
- Service Coordinator
- Transport Coordinator
In this aged care course, you can take your skills to a higher level and enjoy a rewarding career in health care and nursing industry in supervisory roles. This course required completion of at least 120 hours of work placement in the health service industry.
To enroll for certificate 4 in aged care Perth, no academic degree is required. However, the applicant must have a valid Certificate III in Individual Support with all the core units completed. Also, a candidate must be at least 16 years of age. For applicants below the age of 18, the enrolment form for the course must be signed by a parent or guardian.
The well-designed modules for certificate IV in aging support have the following aspects:
- Provide services to older people with complex needs
- Facilitate support responsive to the specific nature of dementia
- Facilitate support for personal care needs
- Facilitate individualized plans
- Implement interventions with older people at risk of falls
- Advocate for clients
- Coordinate information systems
- Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework
- Facilitate links with other services
- Supervise work
- Contribute to WHS processes
- Apply First Aid
- Undertake administrative work
- Establish effective workplace relations
- Process and maintain workplace information
Well, to summarize, the Certificate III in Individual Support helps you start the career in the aged care industry from the beginning. It gives you the flexibility of getting employed as a personal care, home care or as a support worker. You can choose to work either in residential services or in people’s homes.
On the other hand, the Certificate IV in Ageing Support is for those who work or want to work in Aged Care settings, either residential or in people’s homes.
It is up to you decide which aged care course you want to do. If you really feel to make a difference in the lives of the elderly and become an aged care worker, you can contact Aged Care Courses Perth today!